Forms in languages other than English:
Formulario de inscripcion nuevos estudiantes (New Student Registration Form)
Encuesta sobre el idioma en el hogar (Home Language Survey)
Aviso Sobre Servicios para el Desarrollo del Idioma Inglés (Notification of ELD Services)
Rechazo Anual de Servicios (Annual Refusal of Services)
Aviso Sobre la Salida de Servicios (Notification of Exit from ELD Services)
- Portuguese: (Home Language Survey)
- Chinese: (Home Language Survey)
- Korean: (Home Language Survey)
- Tongan: (Home Language Survey)
- Arabic: استبيان اللغة الأم (Home Language Survey)
- Somali: Xogururinta Luuqadda Guriga (Home Language Survey)
ALS Site Coordinators
- TELL Endorsement (BYU/ASD partnership)
- CUES ESL Endorsement (online)
- Western Governors University (online)
- University of Phoenix (online) – Check with USBE for course approval towards an ESL Endorsement.
WIDA Can Do Descriptors and Instructional Strategies
Alpine School District Grading Guidelines for ELs
- Sentence Frame Student Handouts
- Academic Discussion Sentence Frames
- Sentence Frames by Core Content Area
- Academic Paragraph Frames
Free Supplement Language Acquisition Programs(Does NOT replace Tier 1 instructions)
- Imagine Learning – The USBE has purchased licenses for every EL in Utah. In order to get set up in their classrooms, teachers need to contact our representative, Randy Tingey ([email protected]inelearning.com (801) 368-3197). In addition to use in the classroom, students can also acquire a home access code which enables them to use the program at home.
- Duolingo – This free program is adaptive and includes gamified elements to help students learn vocabulary and discourse necessary for everyday communication.
- Colorin Colorado – This website contains a wealth of information for teachers and administrators about how to best support ELs including teaching strategies, videos, and articles. The information is available in both English and Spanish.
- UEN Resources for English Language Learners – UEN’s site contains links to many external sites dedicated to best practices, teaching ideas, online tools for students, and other resources that are designed to help ELs succeed in the mainstream classroom.
- WIDA Key Uses and Performance Definitions – This UEN site contains links to WIDA resources including the Can Do Descriptors Key Uses Editions.
- The Teaching Channel – A video-driven professional learning platform that provides continuous growth opportunities for educators of ELs.
- Empowering ELLs – Empowering ELLs* (English language learners) is a resource center for English as an Additional Language (EAL*) educators who want to empower their ELs (English learners) to achieve English proficiency, develop thinking skills, and possess effective social skills.
ALS Paraeducators assist in carrying out the English Learner school plan at their assigned school sites through providing pull-out and push-in support as directed by their principals.
Colorin Colorado – This website contains a wealth of information and resources for families about how to best support ELs in school. It is also available in Spanish.